Tuesday 24 November 2015

ANTIGUA - A day stop from a cruise ship.



DORIS VISITS ANTIGUA


ANTIGUA - view film above or use this link to past into your playlist

Antigua has 365 beaches, one for every day of the year, and if you love white sands, clear water, and gorgeous sunshine you will love it. I decided to take a local bus tour. It is only a small island. Afterwards I wished I had gone on a jeep. Despite our driver assuring us we would see the rain forest we only went on the edge of it, and he was not willing to wait to let us try the zip wire. There was a horrendous queue there so maybe time would have run out but I would have liked the option. That said our driver was friendly and obliging. He took us to the top of a hill so we could get a great view of Nelson's Dockyard which is the most famous attraction in Antigua. The view was spectacular.

He also took us to where the sugar plantation once used to be but there is now a cricket field but there is a van selling sugar cane to tourists so we tried it. Our driver also insisted we try a black pineapple which is very very sweet. We stopped at a beautiful beach which was completely empty and looked like something out of the old bounty advert.  There are also stunning resort beaches where you can go scuba, diving, snorkelling and most water sports are available.

The shopping is what you would expect, T shirts, straw goods, Batik, shell  jewellery etc. There are many cafes where wifi is available and I sat for quite a while doing my emails with just a drink of fizzy water and was put under no pressure to leave or buy something else. When I left the ship I was bombarded by people trying to get me to use their taxi and the prices were not cheap, but they were not aggressive and if I said no they just wished me a nice day. It was the same in the shops. They did try hard to sell but would take no for an answer. Antigua has the reputation of having some of the finest beaches in the Caribbean. If you just want to chill and relax, it's a great place to go.

Other places Doris has filmed.....

DORIS VISITS BEQUIA


DORIS VISITS MIAMI
Video - https://youtu.be/dpJV2-NYT6g


DORIS VISITS CANAVERAL


For the full list of travel films as they appear click here. We would ask that you subscribe to our YouTube Channel because numbers count, you can either do that via the films or click here for the main page, the subscribe button is on the right at the bottom of the profile box. You have to be logged on to do that, the reason YouTube ask for you to log on is to ensure you are over 18 to get certain films.

I would appreciate you finding and following me on Facebook DORIS SHADES and on Twitter as DorisVisits.

Your numbers, clicks and likes are very important to me. I hope to see you on board a cruise ship very soon, but similarly (try) to stop me and say hi !!


If you are on holiday and love reading from your Kindle, and belong to the Kindle library, you might care to down load the book Shades Of Bad - WHO DIES TODAY which is the book covering the first 40 episodes of the dark comedy series Shades Of Bad, where Doris, me, deals with her husband leaving her by becoming a serial killer who works from home. The book is also available as a paperback.

The series can be viewed from the web site www.shadesofbad.com or YouTube.









No comments:

Post a Comment